It has been in the care of the National Trust since 1948 and does have an admission fee.
The house dates to 14th century and owned by the Lyte family. Annexed to the house is a small chapel.
The grounds are quite small but well managed with flower borders and hedged enclosed spaces. There is a wood and more natural style parkland alongside it with some walks and play areas.
A shop also has some gifts and often have lots of plants for sale. Occasionally there are some special guided walks with access to areas not normally open to the public.
Photos of Lytes Cary.